Higher Education Task Force
This Task Force will present innovative, sustainable, and replicable programs or projects focused on engaging students, faculty, and/or staff in an international activity at home or abroad from collaborative partnerships between institutions of higher education, including universities, community colleges, and other non-profit international organizations.
The desired outcome for the Higher Education Task Force and the Summit is a renewed understanding of the critical role international education and faculty exchange play in citizen diplomacy. With more than 623,000 international students coming to the United States every year and more than 240,000 U.S. students studying abroad each year, in addition to countless faculty exchanges, higher education provides a critical infrastructure for supporting the creation of a globally competent and tolerant society.
- John Halder, Co-Chair | Former President, Community Colleges for International Development
- Marlene Johnson, Co-Chair | Executive Director & CEO, NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Adria Baker | Executive Director, International Student and Scholar Services, Rice University
- LaNitra Walker Berger, PhD | Director of Fellowships and the Undergraduate Apprenticeship Program,George Mason University
- Rufus Glasper | Chancellor, Maricopa Community College
- Meredith McQuaid | Associate Vice President and Dean, International Programs, University of Minnesota
- Stephen Moseley | President & CEO, Academy for Education Development (AED)
- Downing Thomas | Associate Provost and Interim Dean, International Programs, University of Iowa
- Adam Weinberg | President & CEO, World Learning
- Chunsheng Zhang | Vice Provost for International Affairs, University of North Alabama
- David Plack | Senior Advisor to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Academic Programs, Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs, Department of State
Top Ten Organizations Selected:
For a detailed list of criteria used to selected each organization, review our Guidelines for Selecting Top Ten Organizations page.
Portfolio summaries of all top programs will be available for each Summit participant to take home.